Jeff Vratanina serves as Chairman of NEPTA's Board of Directors for the past 10 years. Jeff has extensive success in business and has remained at the executive management level in over 12 businesses that he has either managed, owned, or partnered in. His entrepreneurial mindset has helped NEPTA flourish in the disaster recovery arena in addition to helping with expansion of some of it's proprietary and trademarked products and services.
Some of Jeff's notable accomplishments are listed below:
1984-1988 Producing Branch Manager, Regional Manager. 1988 Opened Pinnacle Financial Corporation (PFC) with business partner, Douglas F. Long as small Mortgage Brokerage firm. 1992 transition to Mortgage Banker. Expanded Retail Branch operations organically throughout Florida. Opened TPO division and acquired Retail Branch nationally. In 2005 Originations exceeded $6.5B. Maintained balance book of 50/50 Retail/ TPO and nearly 50/50 Agency / Alt A. Created proprietary Alt A product with loan level Mortgage Ins. Sold business to IMPAC Funding 5/2007 with over 1200 Employees, 120 Branch locations and 5 Operation centers.
Specialties: As Owner/ Managing Director my focus was on Strategic Planning, Operational efficiency and Service Delivery, Accountability, Project Management, Change Management, Technology and Leadership.
Clay Morrison is a public insurance adjuster who, in a former life, owned a restoration company. His largest customer was State Farm. Clay is now the president of Morrison & Morrison, Inc. His public adjusting office is based out of League City, Texas and similar, to many public adjusters, the business includes family—the “other” Morrison is Clay’s wife, Ruth, a Texas attorney and corporate counsel for the firm.
Morrison decided to become a public insurance adjuster when he was ‘urged’ by one large insurance company to go against his ethical standards and change the way business was done. Morrison’s article, published in the NAPIA Summer Bulletin, details the closed-door meeting he was invited into with an upper-level claims manager who made a request for Morrison to help State Farm.
‘We refer a lot of restoration business to you, and we need your help in rectifying the consumer’s entitlement mentality.’
Morrison declined State Farm’s request, but his very successful restoration business was quickly out of business.
Now, Morrison is a public insurance adjuster, member of the NAPIA board, Secretary of the Texas Association of Public Insurance Adjusters (TAPIA), FAPIA member, and a Windstorm Network certified umpire.
Morrison explains that even as a small operator of his own public adjusting firm, he found it very important and beneficial to be a member of professional educational programs. Morrison acknowledges the expense of being active in multiple associations, but explains his two reasons for going the extra mile and spending the extra dollar
With over a decade of dedicated engagement in client relations, data management,
data systems integration, cost analysis, and cost estimation development and reviews,
Tiffany Guerra is a dynamic force in the world of disaster recovery. Her portfolio includes
expertise in portfolio marketing strategies, quality assurance specialization in multiple
software programs, and expense and inventory validation. Tiffany has a remarkable
track record of responsibly allocating and designating federal disaster-related grants,
totaling over $45 million in revenue. Her profound understanding of FEMA policies,
coupled with her ability to develop and maintain schedules, procedures, and policies
directly correlated with Public Assistance, makes her an indispensable asset in the field.
Mr. Sabadie is senior advisor to NEPTA's Board of Directors.
Since I started in the financial services business, being a former music and math teacher from Loyola, I tried to educate all clients to understand what they were setting up and why. After listening and identifying clients's needs over the years, it has been a pleasure to identify and implement individualized solutions since 1980. I continue to educate myself on the ever growing demands for our portfolios as we help plan a successful & happy retirement.
Nick F. Colmenares, PhD has a 25-year track record of successfully improving the strategic planning, operations, and project/program management practices of disaster management agencies, businesses and university research centers. He is an expert in social science research, including program evaluation, impact assessment, and policy analysis. He is recognized for his ability to work across cultural, sectoral, and professional barriers, is bi-lingual (English - Spanish), and has extensive experience in the US, Latin America, and the Caribbean.
• Hazard Mitigation Planning
• Strategic Planning
• Project Management
• FEMA Mitigation Programs
• Disasters and Sustainability Planning
• Ethnographic and Evaluation Research
• Policy Analysis
• FEMA Benefit Cost Analysis
Mr. Anthony David works as one of a NEPTA Senior Program Administrator and Project Manager, managing multiple programs and projects. Having a complete understanding of the PMP project lifecycle, his duties include
• Managing all aspects of multiple related projects to ensure the overall program is aligned to and directly supports the achievement of strategic objectives
• Procure adequate resources to achieve project objectives in planned timeframes
• Managing a portfolio of complex initiatives that span one or multiple lines of business
• Providing on-site leadership for project team by building and motivating team members to meet project goals, adhering to their responsibilities and project milestones
• Full project life cycle ownership: successful project delivery will include full implementation from initiation to deployment for one major or several minor initiatives simultaneously
• Reporting on project success criteria results, metrics, test and deployment management activities
• Work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation and excellence
• Participate in establishing practices, templates, policies, tools and partnerships to expand and mature these capabilities for the organization
• Prepare estimates and detailed project plan for all phases of the project
• Manage the day-to-day project activities and resources and chairs the project management team meetings
• Monitor staff performance and complete performance reviews
• Provide status reporting regarding project milestones, deliverable, dependencies, risks and issues, communicating across leadership
• Understand interdependencies between technology, operations and business needs
• Demonstrate a functional acumen to support how solutions will address client goals while maintaining alignment with industry best practices
• Manage project scope and changes
• Participate and/or drive feasibility studies, vendor selections and proposals for evaluation by appropriate key stakeholders
• Act as an internal quality control check for the project
• Manage ongoing quality control and participate in quality issue resolution
• Assist in dispute, negotiation, arbitration or litigation, as needed
• Support formal/informal schedules to manage the engagement contract
• Define the Statement of Work and Specifications for the requested goods and services
• Develop and manage all aspects of project and program engagement from planning, external vendor relationships, communications, resources, budget, change, risks and issues
• Set and continually manage project and program expectations while delegating and managing deliverable with team members and stakeholders
• Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel
• Monitor, track and control outcomes to resolve issues, conflicts, dependencies and critical path deliverables
• Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation and presentations to various audiences, including project team, sponsors, CIO and key stakeholders
• Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project and program team, analyze results and troubleshoot problem areas
• Define success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project and program life cycle
• Identify and develop trusted adviser relationship with project and program stakeholders, sponsors and university stakeholders
• Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project and program team
• Deliver appropriate and effective executive level communication
• Ensure that projects and programs are proceeding according to scope, schedule, budget and quality standards
Throughout my 30+ year career in operational and emergency response leadership, I have demonstrated excellence in operational leadership of small to large-scale program implementations with expertise in emergency response and disaster preparedness. I am a community collaborator and leader with experience working with public, private, and government entities and in state and Federal regulated programs.
In addition, I am a published author and special guest lecturer at universities regarding multiple operational and safety topics. I have a history of successful team leadership, recruiting, training, mentoring; I am an excellent coach to staff, volunteers, and students
Highlights of Expertise
• Strategic Program Planning/Administration
• Operational Leadership
• Multi-region Coordination
• Recruiting and Staffing Initiatives
• Contract Development / Negotiations
• Budget Administration / Management
• Program Compliance/Reporting
• Professional Article Authorship
• Staff Development Programs
• Team Building and Leadership
Dan Kanitz is more than just our Program Manager - he's a devoted family man who understands the gravity of being unprepared during times of crisis. His over 10 years in project management, paired with experiences leading communities, top hospitals, and aerospace companies to prepare for disasters and crisis, equips him with vast knowledge. But it's the mission to provide preparedness, safety, and awareness for his own family that truly fuels his passion. Through this personal lens, he works tirelessly to ensure every family can feel prepared, secure, and informed during emergencies, just as he desires for his own.
Duncan G. Loughridge is a seasoned and dynamic management professional with a
rich background spanning over 22 years in disaster recovery, political affairs, and
business development. His expertise as a program manager in FEMA Public Assistance
disaster recovery is unparalleled, excelling across all categories of work while
representing Applicants in their critical disaster recovery finance needs.
In his current role, Duncan serves as a Senior Program Manager as well as a Senior
Validation & Costing Specialist at NEPTA, where he showcases his prowess in FEMA
Public Assistance, HMGP, and CDBG-DR/MIT Projects
Bill Roberts, as the Senior Public Assistance Program Manager at the National
Emergency Planning and Training Association (NEPTA), personifies an unwavering
commitment to excellence in disaster recovery. With a distinguished career spanning
two decades, Bill has become a beacon of expertise in the field:
Serving as the primary point of contact between NEPTA and its esteemed sub-
contractors, Bill fosters collaborative relationships that are pivotal in achieving
significant recovery milestones. His role as a bridge builder is integral to NEPTA's
Mr. Roberts is an industry luminary whose dedication, resourcefulness, and technical
prowess have set a high standard in disaster recovery. His role at NEPTA is a testament
to his unwavering commitment to restoring communities and ensuring a brighter
future in the wake of adversity.
Mr. Meador serves as the Managing Director of the National Emergency Planning and Training Association. Mr. Meador has nearly 20 years of experience in the disaster preparedness, response, and recovery arena. He has worked at every level of Government including federal, state, and local levels. This experience gives him a unique advantage when dealing with several different grant programs and managing the projects that fall under each program. Mr. Meador holds multiple certifications and is the founder of three different companies and holds the trademark and copyright to several products and services he has created. Mr. Meador oversees operations in the U.S.V.I, Puerto Rico, Florida, Louisiana, and Texas. Mr. Meador is a respected leader and able to provide guidance to peers, non-profits, private companies and Local, State, and Federal Governments.